The Historic 1916 Palm Beach County Courthouse

The Courthouse

The Historic 1916 Palm Beach County Courthouse

After many individual and collective efforts to save the historic courthouse from demolition, led by community preservationists and Historical Society leaders, the Board of County Commissioners voted in April 2002 to preserve and share the building with the public, committing to restore the building to its original neoclassical grandeur. This opportunity paved the way for the Society to request space for the county's first history museum inside the restored courthouse.

On March 15, 2008,  the community came together with  the Historical Society Board of Governors and  members, along with Palm Beach County Commissioners, to celebrate the Grand Opening of the restored Courthouse and the Richard and Pat Johnson Palm Beach County Museum.

For directions and hours of operation please click here.

CollectionR.jpg ArchivesuboatR.jpg